Website Northwest Housing Alternatives
Creating opportunity through housing
Northwest Housing Alternatives’ is looking for a Communications Specialist to support NHA’s mission to create opportunity through housing. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for external and internal communications, grant writing and reporting, as well as contributing to the overall goals of the
Resource Development Department. This position will be part of the three person Resource Development team and report to the Director of Resource Development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and maintain positive relationships between NHA and the public using various media outlets.
- Create, oversee and implement social media strategy.
- Support the overall department goals especially during the time of events and campaigns.
- Create and implement yearly communications calendar.
- Prepare press releases and promotional/educational materials.
- Update and maintain NHA website.
- With the support of the Director of Resource Development, oversee the preparation of grant applications and performance reports with a portfolio averaging 5 grants per month.
- Work collaboratively with the program and finance departments to develop narrative content and
budgetary materials for grant applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 to 5 years of communications experience with a proven track record of
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- WordPress experience.
- Experience with grant writing and reporting.
- Experience with layout and design software.
- Extensive knowledge of communications and social media strategies.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines while managing
- Ability to work well in partnership with staff, volunteers, funders, and the board of directors.
- Flexibility during peak periods and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and transportation required.
Northwest Housing Alternatives is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual preference or any other status protected by law.
Northwest Housing Alternatives offers professional salaries, a full range of benefits, flexible work schedule and a great work environment. This is a full time position with a salary range of $45,000 to $55,000 depending on qualifications.
To apply, email letter of interest, resume and a writing sample by November 20.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org